Monday, November 20, 2017

Ashley Graham Shaded Victoria's Secret For Excluding Plus-Size Models And Fans Are Here For It

“Imagine seeing girls like Ashley Graham walking the VS runway it’d be fucking amazing.”

On Monday, Victoria's Secret filmed their annual fashion show in Shanghai. It featured many famous models, including Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Lily Aldridge.

On Monday, Victoria's Secret filmed their annual fashion show in Shanghai. It featured many famous models, including Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Lily Aldridge.

The show will air on Nov. 28 on CBS.

Aly Song / Reuters

However, though the show featured many different models they were missing one demographic: plus-size women.

However, though the show featured many different models they were missing one demographic: plus-size women.

The lingerie line is pretty notorious for not catering to plus-sized women. The largest panty size they sell is an XL, and the largest bra size they sell is a 40DDD.

A woman named Dana Drew from California even started a petition a few years ago asking for the company to cater to more sizes. The petition has over 3,000 signatures.

"I love Victoria’s Secret so much that I even have their credit card," she wrote. "My money and my credit are good enough for them, but the fact that I can only buy items like perfume, lotion, and body spray sends the message that my body is not. Every year I watch the Angel fashion show and would love to purchase the items I see on my screen but can’t because Victoria’s Secret doesn’t sell plus sizes."

Victoria's Secret

Another person who thinks Victoria's Secret should include more body diversity in the show is model Ashley Graham. Last year, she told TMZ she was willing to walk the runway for them whenever they decided it was time.

"I mean, when Victoria's Secret calls me and asks me to be on their runway I'm gonna say yes," she said.

Instagram: @theashleygraham

This year though, Graham decided to throw a little shade their way. On the day of the show, she posted a photo of herself looking fierce on the runway with a little addition: photoshopped angel wings.

"Got my wings! ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ˜œ .. my #AdditionElle wings! #thickthighssavelives," she wrote.

The original photo is from last year, when Graham modeled the holiday 2016 collection for the brand Addition Elle, which she models for and collaborates with.

Instagram: @theashleygraham



from BuzzFeed - USNews http://ift.tt/2j8O8v2

No comments:

Post a Comment