Monday, August 22, 2016

After Tweeting About Murdering His Roommates, A Man Allegedly Killed His Roommate

Zachary Penton, 21, was charged with murder for allegedly fatally shooting his roommate, a day after he appeared to have written a tweet warning he might “viciously murder” his roommates.

Gilbert Police Department

Twitter

A post from what appeared to be Penton's Twitter account written a day before the killing read, "I need to move out of my place before I viciously murder my roommates."

A post from what appeared to be Penton's Twitter account written a day before the killing read, "I need to move out of my place before I viciously murder my roommates."

A spokesman for the Gilbert Police Department, Hugh White, told BuzzFeed News that officers were aware of the tweet and were looking "at the possibility" that the account belonged to the suspect.

White said that police were trying to "independently verify" the account.

The tweet has since gone viral after people connected it to the suspect in the shooting.

Twitter


View Entire List ›



from BuzzFeed - USNews http://ift.tt/2bgGLhe

No comments:

Post a Comment