Sunday, May 25, 2014

Twitter Responds To Santa Barbara Shootings With #YesAllWomen Hashtag

The tragedy in California has lead to a powerful reaction on social media.


In the wake of the killings in Isla Vista it emerged that Elliot Rodger, the perpetrator, frequented "Men's Rights" forums.


In the wake of the killings in Isla Vista it emerged that Elliot Rodger, the perpetrator, frequented "Men's Rights" forums .


In one YouTube video, he said: "I don't know why you girls have never been attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it. It's an injustice, a crime, because I don't know what you don't see in me. I'm the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman."


Rodger would go on to stab three men to death in his apartment before shooting dead three women and turning the gun on himself.


Via AP Photo/KEYT, John Palminteri


Some people on social media appeared to express sympathy for Rodger.


Some people on social media appeared to express sympathy for Rodger.


Alan White / BuzzFeed



Alan White / BuzzFeed




View Entire List ›






from BuzzFeed - Breaking http://ift.tt/1t8DXmm

No comments:

Post a Comment