Tuesday, May 31, 2016

This Guy Paid His Entire $212 Speeding Ticket With 21,200 Pennies

“It felt good.”

Brett Sanders was livid when he was pulled over in October and fined $212 for driving nine miles per hour over the speed limit in his Frisco, Texas neighborhood, he told BuzzFeed News.

Brett Sanders was livid when he was pulled over in October and fined $212 for driving nine miles per hour over the speed limit in his Frisco, Texas neighborhood, he told BuzzFeed News.

Brett Sanders / Via youtube.com

"I didn't hurt anybody," he said. "I didn't endanger anybody. My speed was safe for the conditions around me. I didn't feel like I owed anybody anything."

He fought the ticket in court, but he eventually lost in a jury trial.

But Sanders refused to pay the ticket quietly. In a YouTube video, titled "How to pay a speeding ticket. #ResistTheft," Sanders documented his paying for the $212 ticket with 21,200 pennies.

Brett Sanders / Via youtube.com

"I decided I wanted to make a point that this is not right," he said. "This is not fair."


View Entire List ›



from BuzzFeed - USNews http://ift.tt/25x9aVq

No comments:

Post a Comment